Coach Mosser Pioneers Athletic Hall of Fame
Long-time basketball coach and Athletic Director Jerry Mosser pioneered Bruin athletics. So it’s only fitting he should open the University’s Athletics Hall of Fame. Mosser will be the sole inductee at a special Hall of Fame dinner/fund-raiser event in the Gordon Lozier Athletic Center on the University campus April 20. Doors open at 5:30 p.m., and dinner is at 6:30.
The event will include a tribute to Coach Mosser, who literally built Bruin Athletics from the ground up during 35 years at Bellevue College/University. Among his accomplishments:
- Oversaw the construction of the Gordon Lozier Athletic Center
- Collected more than 200 wins as the head coach of the Men's Basketball Team
- Started the women's sports programs at Bellevue University
- Instrumental in the formation of the Midlands Collegiate Athletic Conference
- Athletic Department attained National status under his direction
Tickets to the Saturday dinner event, a fund-raiser for the Jerry and Gloria Mosser Endowed (Athletic) Scholarship, are $50.00 each. To R.S.V.P. or make a contribution to the scholarship fund, click the link.