Newsweek Ranks Bellevue University Among America's Top Online Colleges for 2023
Bellevue University is the only Nebraska college named and one of 150 colleges and universities recognized nationwide
Bellevue University is one of America’s top online colleges and universities, according to Newsweek.
Bellevue University is one of 100 institutions to receive a five-star rating -- the recognition list’s highest honor.
The Newsweek ranking is split into two groups:
- America’s Top Online Colleges - the top 200 colleges and universities that offer online undergraduate or graduate degree programs, including hybrid programs with online and offline courses and exams.
- America’s Top Online Learning Providers - the top 50 institutions other than a university or college and platforms, which provide access to their own or third-party online courses.
Bellevue University ranked #76 overall among public and private universities in Newsweek’s first-ever ranking of online colleges and universities.. The magazine worked with marketing and consumer data firm Statista to rank the institutions and released the list in November 2022.
“This ranking highlights Bellevue University's commitment and ongoing investment into providing students with the access and flexibility they need to pursue a high-quality education and successfully earn their degree,” said President Dr. Mary Hawkins.
The rankings are based on an online survey of U.S. residents who have used online learning services to obtain an academic degree or acquire knowledge and skills for their job (professional development) or hobbies (personal development).
User reviews and additional institutional indicators were transformed into score values and aggregated toward a final score. The ranking's evaluation criteria include:
- Institutional indicators (enrollment, graduation statistics, research activity): 20%
- Rating of experience: 50%
- Overall satisfaction: 20%
- Recommendation: 10%
Founded in 1966, Bellevue University is a non-profit university with more than 60,000 graduates worldwide. The University is a recognized national leader in preparing students for lifelong success with career-relevant knowledge and skills, while making college affordable. Routinely ranked among the nation’s top military and accessible institutions, the University serves residential students at its main campus in Bellevue, Nebraska, and everywhere online with more than 80 degree programs uniquely designed for working adults. The University is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission (hlcommission.org).