Nine BU Students Recognized With CMA Scholarships
Awards Mean Students Can Take Industry-Benchmark Certification Test at No Charge
Nine students in the Bellevue University College of Business have been recognized with Certified Management Accountant (CMA) scholarships through the Institute of Management Accountants (IMA).
The recipients and their programs of study are:
- Scott Farrah, Bachelor of Science in Accounting
- Eric Perez, Master of Science in Accounting
- Lana Geissinger, Bachelor of Science in Accounting
- Jean-Marie Gabou, Master of Science in Strategic Finance
- Jamie Long Soldier, Master of Business Administration with Accounting concentration
- Ellie Bliemeister, Bachelor of Science in Accounting
- CaSandra Vann, Master of Business Administration
- Robert West, Master of Business Administration with Finance concentration
- Andrew Cook, Master of Science in Accounting
All of the student recipients will receive comprehensive package of benefits enabling them to study for and take the CMA exam at no cost. The CMA certification is considered the benchmark for management accountants, and certifies mastery of 12 core practice areas in the profession.
The student recipients will also receive IMA membership for up to three years while pursuing completion of the CMA exam; entrance fees to the CMA program; exam support package, including an assessment tool that can help assess the content covered on the CMA exam; registration fees for the first attempt at both parts of the CMA exam; and comprehensive online materials for both exam parts.
Founded in 1966, Bellevue University is a non-profit university with more than 57,000 graduates worldwide. The University is a recognized national leader in preparing students for lifelong success with career-relevant knowledge and skills, while making college affordable. Routinely ranked among the nation’s top military-friendly and accessible institutions, the University serves residential students at its main campus in Bellevue, Nebraska, and everywhere online with more than 70 undergraduate and graduate programs uniquely designed for working adults. The University is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission (hlcommission.org).