Six Bellevue University Faculty, Staff Members Recognized with Awards
Five Bellevue University faculty members and one staff member were recently honored as they were named the 2021 recipients of the university's excellence in teaching, outstanding service and innovation awards.
- Traci Ripple, adjunct faculty member, College of Arts and Sciences, was honored with the Lou Soukup Adjunct Faculty Award;
- Rob Baldi, adjunct faculty member, College of Science and Technology, was honored with the Lou Soukup Adjunct Faculty Award;
- Dr. Brenda Mechels-Struby, Professor, College of Arts and Sciences, was honored with the Excellence in Teaching Award;
- JoDee Goracke, Assistant Professor, College of Arts and Sciences, was honored with the Excellence in Innovation Award;
- Liesl Grubbs, Learning Management Systems Analyst, Design and Development, was honored with the President's Award;
Dr. Clif Mason became the first faculty member to receive the President’s Medal for his four decades of service, which have included teaching thousands of students, building one of the first online courses, serving as Dean of the College of Arts and Sciences, and leading a myriad of university committees and special projects.
The annual awards were announced at a university all-campus meeting held June 18. The meeting was held in-person and via Zoom and brought together more than 500 employees from campus and multiple remote locations for an update on university operations.
About Bellevue University
Founded in 1966, Bellevue University is a non-profit university with nearly 60,000 graduates worldwide. The University is a recognized national leader in preparing students for lifelong success with career-relevant knowledge and skills, while making college affordable. Routinely ranked among the nation’s top military and accessible institutions, the University serves residential students at its main campus in Bellevue, Nebraska, and everywhere online with more than 80 degree programs uniquely designed for working adults. The University is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission (hlcommision.org).